4.15.2009

Baby has "that New York feeling"


I knew something deep within my DNA had changed today when a cab stopped in the middle of the crosswalk as I was dashing across at the end of a stale yellow, so I smacked the hood of his car, yelled “dude!” and wildly gestured to the PEDESTRIAN ZONE he was invading. I’m pretty sure he was cursing me to the depths of some kind of hell but man, did I walk into my office building feeling all kinds of wonderful. It's those daily victories, right?

And although I recently bought some plants for my apartment since I fear I’m not getting enough oxygen while I sleep (does New York make you paranoid? maybe), Law and Order films those scary body-discovery scenes basically right outside my apartment, and my bedroom is the width of a double bed, concessions must be made in the pursuit of something great.

New York is the weirdest place ever, but people keep coming. Read this NYMag article about why.

No comments: